Goleta Valley Chamber of Commerce
The Goleta Valley Chamber of Commerce (GVCoC) is a business-oriented membership organization founded in 1947. GVCoC helps to advance the interests of the Goleta Valley, its people and its commerce through a program of service to business and public leadership.
The mission of the Goleta Valley Chamber of Commerce is to create a strong local economy, promote the community, provide business resources and networking opportunities, represent business to government and support pro-business candidates. We do this in a number of ways.
The Goleta Valley Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to helping local companies grow their business by taking the lead in programs and efforts that help create a strong local economy and make our community a great place to do business.
- Annual Economic Forecast
- Relocation and tourism services
- Advocating for transportation improvements
- Supporting business-friendly candidates
The Chamber also takes the lead in promoting the community by helping to improve the quality of life and by advocating our community as a great place for people to work, do business and raise a family.
- Annual California Lemon Festival in Goleta
- Supporting education and schools
- New business ribbon cuttings
The Chamber provides business resources and networking opportunities for members to meet other business people and to sell their products and services. They benefit from sharing ideas and savings that enhance their bottom line.
- Monthly Business After Hours
- Holiday Expo in Goleta
- Lemon Festival sponsor tables
- Business2Business networking breakfasts
The Chamber works year-round to represent local businesses to government.
- Issue & Policy Roundtables educate business members about local issues and policy makers about business concerns
- Communicate with state and federal lawmakers about issues important to business as part of the CalChamber and U.S. Chambers
- Annual legislative summit visit to the Capitol in May
- Active participation in the Regional Legislative Alliance
The Chamber is concerned about promoting pro-business candidates - ensuring that we support those candidates who understand issues from a business point of view.
- Endorse candidates in local races
- Take positions on local measures
- Sponsor candidate forums